A well-rounded education includes the arts, which empower students to become the best versions of themselves.
We know arts education prepares students to be global citizens who are ready for the future, including college and career.
A quality arts education promotes:
- Artistic literacy
- Growth mindset
- Civic engagement
- Social-emotional well-being
- Creative and critical thinking
Therefore, arts education must be:
- Equitable and inclusive
- Culturally responsive and expansive
- Innovative and forward thinking
Every student in San Diego County is engaged in personally relevant, equitable, standards-based arts education.
The mission of Arts Empower San Diego is to ensure high-quality arts education for every student, supported through the collective impact of a motivated community of arts advocates.
We do this by:
- Building leadership in and through arts education
- Promoting advocacy to strengthen arts education
- Encouraging and assisting districts in all phases of the arts education strategic planning process
- Fostering meaningful partnerships between educational entities and community stakeholders
- Facilitating professional learning
- Measuring access to equitable arts education