A well-rounded education includes the arts. Arts education empowers students to become the best versions of themselves.
We know arts education prepares students for today's world. It creates future-ready, global citizens and college and career-ready adults.
We know that a quality arts education promotes:
- Artistic literacy
- Growth mindset
- Civic engagement
- Social-emotional well-being
- Creative and critical thinking
Therefore, arts education must be:
- Equitable and inclusive
- Culturally responsive and expansive
- Innovative and forward thinking
As part of an equitable and well-rounded education, all students in San Diego County are routinely engaged in personally relevant, standards-based arts education.
The mission of Arts Empower San Diego is to ensure high quality arts education for all students, supported through the collective impact of a motivated community of arts advocates.
We do this by:
- Building leadership in and through arts education
- Promoting advocacy to strengthen arts education
- Encouraging and assisting districts in all phases of the arts education strategic planning process
- Fostering meaningful partnerships between districts and community arts stakeholders
- Facilitating professional learning
- Supporting the measurement of access to equitable arts education