Arts Empower partner districts must first commit to the development, adoption, and implementation of a policy and long-term strategic arts plan.
- Create a strategic planning team inclusive of all stakeholders that meets regularly and frequently.
- Write and adopt a visual and performing arts education strategic plan. The plan should meet local needs which might include the following focus areas:
- Program Evaluation/Assessments
- Discipline-specific as well as integrated instruction
- Dedicated instructional time
- Active partnerships
- Best practices: collaboration & sharing opportunities
- Resources: materials, equipment, etc.
- Trained/credentialed teachers
Through Arts Empower San Diego, the San Diego County Office of Education will support districts by:
- Providing trained coaches to the district for the writing and implementation of strategic plans.
- Assisting districts with implementation of the plan.
- Working with the Arts Empower Advisory Group to ensure fulfillment of goals.
Completed Strategic Plans
- Vista Unified School District
- Chula Vista School District
- San Pasqual School District
- Coronado School District
- San Marcos School District
- San Diego Unified School District
- Sweetwater Union High School District
Districts in the Process of Writing their Strategic Plan
- Momentum Learning
- Oceanside Unified School District
- Rancho Santa Fe School District