Teachers and administrators will receive professional development in preparation for the implementation of the strategic plan. Preparation might include:
- Knowledge and understanding of the California visual and performing arts (VAPA) content standards
- Writing of standards-based curriculum and courses
- Establishing benchmarks based on the VAPA standards
- Theory and implementation of Arts Integration
- Instructional Strategies inclusive of 21st Century Skills and the 4 C’s (Creativity, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Communication)
- Articulation with the California Common Core Standards
Through Arts Empower San Diego, the San Diego County Office of Education will support districts by:
- Seeking financial support for the professional development.
- Working with The California Arts Project (TCAP) to provide the professional development.
- Providing professional development at the county level for district administrators, teachers, arts partners, and parents.