Arts Empower Current Research:
Arts Empower has funded the following research pieces:
- Arts Empower Summary: A Survey of Schools and Arts Organizations
- Student Arts Education Enrollment by District
- ArtsEmpower Impact Report
Arts Empower Goals for Assessment:
Districts will measure the yearly progress of and the implementation of the four arts disciplines, K-12, through the use of program quality indicators. Indicators might measure:
- Program effectiveness based on California visual and performing arts (VAPA) content standards
- Student progress based on district VAPA assessments
Through Arts Empower San Diego, the San Diego County Office of Education will support districts by:
- Providing a support system for the evaluation of a program’s effectiveness on a regular basis.
- Collaborating with The California Arts Project (TCAP) and Arts Education Resource Organization San Diego (AERO) in providing the support system.