Arts Empower Mega Conference
Mark Your Calendars!
Date: October 17, 2019
Schedule Coming Soon
Arts Empower San Diego Mega Conference on Oct. 17
Start planning now to attend the 2019 Arts Empower San Diego Mega Conference
on Oct. 17 at Balboa Park. It’s the premier arts education professional learning event for teachers and administrators in San Diego County with more than 50 different breakout sessions, networking, and conversations focused on arts education.
The Arts Empower Mega Conference is a one-of-a-kind forum that unites teachers of all arts disciplines, elementary multiple-subject teachers, teaching artists, school administrators, and arts organization members. It’s developed in partnership with the county’s arts education organizations and Balboa Park arts and culture institutions.
Arts Empower is accepting session proposals for the conference until June 1..
For more information contact the Visual & Performing Arts Department, San Diego County Office of Education, 858-292-3789
Arts Empower Assembly Shares Progress, Vision
You are invited to be part of the annual Arts Empower San Diego Assembly where San Diego County's arts education community comes together to share progress and envision the future of arts education for every child. The assembly begins at 8:30 a.m. Aug. 12. This event also celebrates the seven-year anniversary of Arts Empower San Diego. Register to attend
and learn more about how you can be a part of this motivated community of arts advocates.
Kickstart the Arts in (Y)Our Schools!
2019 Sessions Soon to be Announced
Join the San Diego Arts Network (SDAN) and the Arts Education Resource Organization (AERO) for Kickstart the Arts in (Y)Our Schools
Times: 8 a.m. – 12 Noon
Description: This is an opportunity for school administrators who coordinate visual and performing arts programs and community arts organizations providing arts education programs to come together. Participants who attend “Kickstart the Arts in (Y)Our Schools” will participate in structured networking with colleagues, and learn from discussions on creating the best possible arts learning environments in San Diego County schools. The theme this year will be Advocacy in arts education.
2018 Sessions included:
- Keynote Speaker: Jeff Poulin, Arts Education Program Manager, Americans for the Arts
- Exploring Policy: Advocacy For Arts Education In Changing Political Times
- Advocacy at the Local Level, Your Ecosystem, The Policies and You - Jeff Poulin
- Grant Writing - Keri McCulley
- Advocacy Strategies for Arts Education - Nina Woodward
- Communicating the Impact of Your Arts Ed Program - Melissa Spadin
- Demystifying Social Media - Thom Dancy and Julie Guy
- Engagement, Arts Integration, Arts Education: Where does my organization fit? - Panel Discussion featuring Jessica Baron, Larry Baza, Tara Graviss, Chantal Lane, Miesha Rice, Russ Sperling and Moderator Ron Jessee