October 18, 2018
Arts specialists, arts teachers, general classroom teachers, school administrators, college students, university faculty, teaching artists and arts partners come together to participate in professional development sessions, networking, and a celebration of arts education in our schools.
For more information contact the Visual & Performing Arts Department, San Diego County Office of Education, 858-292-3789
Kickstart the Arts in (Y)Our Schools!
Join the San Diego Arts Network (SDAN) and the Arts Education Resource Organization (AERO) for Kickstart the Arts in (Y)Our Schools
May 4, 2018
8:00 am – 12:00pm
Liberty Station Conference Center
- 2600 Laning Road, San Diego, CA 92106
This is an opportunity for school administrators who coordinate visual and performing arts programs and community arts organizations providing arts education programs to come together. Participants who attend “Kickstart the Arts in (Y)Our Schools” will participate in structured networking with colleagues, and learn from discussions on creating the best possible arts learning environments in San Diego County schools. The theme this year will be Advocacy in arts education.
2018 Sessions include:
- Keynote Speaker: Jeff Poulin, Arts Education Program Manager, Americans for the Arts
- Exploring Policy: Advocacy For Arts Education In Changing Political Times
- Advocacy at the Local Level, Your Ecosystem, The Policies and You - Jeff Poulin
- Grant Writing - Keri McCulley
- Advocacy Strategies for Arts Education - Nina Woodward
- Communicating the Impact of Your Arts Ed Program - Melissa Spadin
- Demystifying Social Media - Thom Dancy and Julie Guy
- Engagement, Arts Integration, Arts Education: Where does my organization fit? - Panel Discussion featuring Jessica Baron, Larry Baza, Tara Graviss, Chantal Lane, Miesha Rice, Russ Sperling and Moderator Ron Jessee