Arts Empower is a collective impact initiative working to improve and support arts education in San Diego County by:
- Building leadership
- Promoting advocacy
- Encouraging and assisting districts in strategic planning and implementation
- Fostering meaningful partnerships
- Facilitating professional learning
- Measuring access to equitable arts education
A well-rounded education includes the arts, which empower students to become the best versions of themselves. A high-quality arts education prepares students to be global citizens who are ready for the future, including college and career.
A quality arts education promotes:
• Artistic literacy
• Growth mindset
• Civic engagement
• Social-emotional well-being
• Creative and critical thinking
Therefore, arts education must be:
• Equitable and inclusive
• Culturally responsive and expansive
• Innovative and forward thinking
Every student in San Diego County is engaged in personally relevant, equitable, standards-based arts education.
The mission of Arts Empower San Diego is to ensure high-quality arts education for every student, supported through the collective impact of a motivated community of arts advocates.
We do this by:
• Building leadership in and through arts education
• Promoting advocacy to strengthen arts education
• Encouraging and assisting districts in all phases of the arts education strategic planning process
• Fostering meaningful partnerships between educational entities and community stakeholders
• Facilitating professional learning
• Measuring access to equitable arts education
Visual and Performing Arts Coordinator
San Diego County Office of Education
Phone: (858) 292-3547
Support Arts Education for Every Child – Become Arts Empowered today!